About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Monday, March 28, 2011

OKC


While in Oklahoma City, OK we went to the memorial for the OKC bombing. I was not allowed in the site but Mia did go in. I could only get this close, the sidewalk next to the entrance.

Mia enjoyed seeing it. For those of you that don't know why there is a memorial in OKC, there was a bombing in April of 1995.

From the website: The Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum was created to honor those who were killed, those who survived and those changed forever by the April 19, 1995, bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. The Memorial & Museum are dedicated to educating visitors about the impact of violence, informing about events surrounding the bombing, and inspiring hope and healing through lessons learned by those affected.


Since I was just in Memphis where a question on funds came up for the Museum of Civil Rights I'd like to note this from the website:
The Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum does not receive any annual operating funds from the federal, state or local government. Museum admissions, store sales, the OKC Memorial Marathon, earnings from an endowment and private fundraising allow the Memorial and Museum to be self-sustaining. 


For more information about the Memorial go to this LINK.
   
While driving out of Oklahoma I saw this windmill and thought this was a perfect picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment