About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Opryland Hotel

Opryland Hotel Cascades Room

Mia and I went to Nashville after visiting Knoxville. While we were in Nashville we went to the Opryland Hotel and Resorts.

For those of you that have never been there it is breath taking.

Mia and I had hoped to get to see the Grand Ole Opry but that didn't work out, so we focused our time on the Hotel. I wasn't disappointed.

Nashville had a MAJOR flood this past year.

Many people don't know about the flood. The following video shows what Nashville experienced.


Towards the end of the video they show some of the inside of Opryland Hotel and the damage it took. The flood happened in May and right before Christmas displays were supposed to be going up they weren't sure it was going to happen. For many people in Nashville that is a tradition to go and walk through the Christmas displays at the hotel. As you can see from the picture above they did pull off the display.
Most of it was down by the time we went through and I suspect all of it was down by the next week since Mia and I were there about a week ago, the middle of January.

I'm glad Nashville is recovering so quickly from the flooding, and I'm sure there are many areas of town still in repair. I know the Opry Mills Mall is still closed down. All of the places Mia and I went looked "back to normal" and we had a great time in Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment