About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Women's Sufferage




First Monument to Women's suffrage I've ever noticed! And I'm sure that is my own blindness.

Have you ever noticed one before?

I appreciate what these women did for Equal Rights, I think I'm going to have to do some reading about the movement.  When I did some light research after seeing this statue I was reminded Women's suffrage was/ is a fight all over the world not just the USA.

It's easy to forget "our" history is also "the world's" history too. (and visa versa of course)





1 comment:

  1. Wyoming was the first state to allow women the right to vote. They had the first female governor. When you get to Cheyenne you'll see a several monuments to this effort. Uncle Gary

    ReplyDelete