About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Friday, September 3, 2010

8-25-10 - Wensday - Salon Nolan

On this day Mia wanted to get her hair done, so she found this local shop.  When we went in she met Stephanie, the owner and solo stylist of this cute little shop called "Salon Nolan".  Mia introduced me to Stephanie, told her about my trip, and she was immediately inspired by our mission. As I'm talking to Stephanie, I to become inspired:

In the local area of Pittsburgh, there is an organization called Dress for Success, I believe it is other places too.  http://www.dressforsuccess.org  The mission of Dress for Success is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.  And Stephanie wants to help too, she is going to be volunteering her serves to these women. To provide them with great hair styles & tips to make it easy to maintain a professional look.

Now what I found so wonderful about Stephanie & her plan is.  She's a young woman wanting to give back, she's just starting her own career & still sees the opportunity to help others.  She sees that giving back to the community & helping others will not hurt her business.  That even though she's giving away something she could charge for she's making the world a better place one person at a time.

How could you use your skills to help others?

No comments:

Post a Comment