About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Let me introduce Mia

I want you to meet Mia. She's the cute, brunette to the right of this picture.

This is not MY Mia, but this lovely little Mia celebrated her 10th birthday and she plays junior roller derby. 

My Mia used to play roller derby with a league associated with the WFTDA (Women's flat track derby association). During Mia's short time with roller derby, she fell in love with it, so when we were close by White Plains, NY this past weekend Mia couldn't pass up the opportunity to go to the East Region's Play offs. It was three days of roller derby from 10am - about 8pm every night!  

Though I wasn't sure I would enjoy myself for a whole weekend of derby, it was fun to cheer for the girls, and of course a sweet dog like me tends to get lots of attention from females.

WFTDA leagues are split up into 4 regions and during the autumn the top 10 teams go to playoffs to see who will go to the national competition. This year the Nationals will be held in Chicago, IL in November.  The Derby News Network is the internet news source for all things roller derby. They even broadcast the games live for the playoffs!  

If you have any interest in Roller Derby you'll want to google in your local area, or check out either of the sites below for more information.

For more information:

WFTDA      http://wftda.com/
Derby News Network     http://derbynewsnetwork.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment