About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

9-1-10 - Wednesday - Thoughts

Mia thought it would be a good idea to do a "wrap up" or a "how things are going" blog once a month.  I agreed and I thought give or take the first of every month I'll do just that.  I'm not sure though what to say or what would be interesting to YOU!  So please let me know what you'd like to hear about and I'll accommodated where I can, this blog is about you, me & the connection you have to who I'm meeting and the places I see.

I had such a great time this past month, even if that's all I did it was tons! But I do look forward to seeing what's next and who I connect with in the next month.

Commonly asked Questions:

What States have you done?

This past month: Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York

What have you seen?

We started off in North Michigan near Mackinac Island, headed to Tipp City and then Detroit. In Ohio we saw Dayton, Columbus, Zanesville then we headed into West Virgina.  Where plans fell apart because we got so lost!  So onward to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania where we stayed for almost 2 full weeks.  While in PA we say Falling Water, went canoeing, hiking, to Phipps Conservatory, Cathedral of Learning and so much more.  We then headed north to Buffalo, NY & Niagara falls.

What's been your favorite?


Niagara Falls was relaxing and beautiful, the Frank Lloyd Wright homes are inspiring and timeless, North Michigan is gorgeous & perfect for vacations or weekend get aways, Columbus was warm and inviting.

What's been the hardest or least favorite thing so far?


So far the heat of summer has been the hardest thing, I expected by going north it would help drop the temperature.  No such luck as of Sept 1st!  I know it will have to break soon since Xmas is on it's way!


What's next?

The next states are: Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine

____________________________________________________


If you have any questions you'd like me to answer please let me know & I'll add them into the mix.  Also please feel free to ask if you want more in depth answers.

Some things I'd thought about but wasn't sure if people would want to know: mileage traveled, gallons of gas used, and day to day "getting by" ie: laundry, camping nights


___________________________________

This next month I'm going to be practicing the skills of staying in the present moment, and connecting with people as I meet them.  I'm also practicing being inspired by the small things, the everyday & common things of life. Will you practice with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment