About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Affinity and savoring a meal

Fried Green Tomatoes
So I went to Paula Deen's Restaraunt "The Lady and Sons" I had an amazing meal! Even though it costs a little bit more, I would recommend if you go there to order from the menu. We started with fried green tomatoes, they were like non I'd ever had before, very flaky and sweet. Everyone gets two free breads one was like a pancake I think they called it a po boy, the other was in my opinion better, it was an herb bread. Next we had the tomato and dill soup!!! Fantastic! Reminded me of a mixture of tomato basil soup & pickle soup. For the main course I had a grilled asparagus sandwich on pumpernickel bread. YUMMY! And for dessert the pecan pie.

Po Boys
Now one would think eating a GREAT meal at Paula Deen's would be the focus on this blog, it really isn't. What I experienced during this meal was FAR superior to any food.

Affinity occurred. About three tables, a total of about 6 people all strangers ended up eating our meals together.

Tomato & Dill soup
Asparagus on pumpernickel bread
Mia & I were seated first.  While Mia picked out what we'd try a table was sat next to us, 4 people. Mia over heard them discussing what to get & commenting on our Fried Green Tomatoes, Mia offered them 2 fried green tomatoes so they could try them too. And Mia suggested to them to order from the menu, we'd be told be others to avoid the buffet. Mia ended up in a small conversation with them off and on through out our meal. While we were waiting on our main course to come out, Mia noticed a gentleman across the way eating the chicken pot pie so she went over to ask how it was. While Mia was gone our sandwich showed up. Again Mia and the table of 4 ended up in a small conversation. Turned out they were Canadians headed to Florida for a cruise.

Pecan Pie
Towards the end of the meal the waiter came around and we ordered our dessert, when we did the waiter told us the man (with the pot pie) had order the same thing.  When the two desserts came out, Mia couldn't wait so she took a bite! WAIT!!!! I needed a picture! The man noticed the distress at our table and offered his pie for a photo.  So the photo on this page is actually his dessert and not ours.

Now this may not seem like that special of a meal written out. BUT it was! Six perfectly good strangers ended up in mixture of interactions & enjoyment that brought this already fantastic meal to new levels.

The lesson Mia and I learned on this day is: All meals can be made better with friends & everyone is your friend, you just haven't met them yet.
Have a great day, I hope you meet a new friend. 

1 comment:

  1. Dear god woman. You just don't know what you're doing to a poor homesick girl in Seoul. Thanks for letting me eat vicariously.
    http://ihardlyknowwon.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete