About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

First (and hopefully only) Crime

We had our first crime .  On November 2nd Mia was carrying stuff to the car so we could leave DC when she found my window broken.  Someone or something broke the front passenger window, the window I sit looking out.                                                                     
          A kind person let Mia use their phone to call the police. When the police woman arrived she took the report for Mia, and said it was probably a random accident since nothing was stolen. After Mia was finished with the officer she called the repair people and set an appointment for the next day.                                                                                                  Mia checked again to make sure nothing was missing, nothing was.  Mia knew nothing of value could have been stolen because she removes everything at night when we leave the car. So had something been stolen it would have been clothes, pillows, some bedding, and my new Tiki head. So nothing that would destroy our lives or trip.  

                                        
 This lovely man arrived to fix our window. I was surprised at how easy it was & how much glass one broken window could produce!  Mia & I had a great visit while he replaced the window.  While talking I realized two things: 1 is crime can happen anywhere, it doesn't make DC more or less dangerous than anywhere else. 2 it is my choice to live scared, I can choose to be scared by my window being broken to think about the danger I  may have been in, or I can choose to put it in the perspective that Mia has. 
Mia said she's been alive almost 4 decades and this is the first broken window she's seen in her family, so it's not common. 

It's all part of the adventure! 
And we've gotten to experience something we've never experienced before!
Now we've experienced crime... so no need for any more :)



No comments:

Post a Comment