About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Love of Animals - Responsible Citizens

We were walking along the FDR memorial in DC when we saw a squirrel  jumping around in the grass. We stopped to see why or what it was doing, since this isn't a normal activity for a squirrel. We saw the poor thing had it's head stuck in a small box of some sort. 
One of the guys with Mia & I, Tony, went over  to help the poor little guy.  Even though it was an animal in distress and needed help you never know how an animal will react once you release it. So Tony tried holding the box down with his foot to let the squirrel back out on its own. But that didn't work.
So Tony had to muster the courage to lean down and grab the box with his hand to pull it off for the squirrel. As I said before you never know what an animal will do once it's released from danger. Luckily the squirrel ran backwards and went straight up a tree. 
We of course always hear about disposing of our trash properly and not littering. We also hear about how we need to cut loops & plastics apart so animals won't suffocate on them. I wonder how many of us do that, really. I know Mia is sometimes lazy about cutting stuff up.                                                                                                                          I know I'd never seen an actual animal suffering because of the trash we leave behind. It was very sad to see, that squirrel hurting itself because of human's waste. Mia keeps me safe, but not all animals have a human to watch over them.

I also found it ironic as I thought about the world's trash being to an overwhelming amount that I noticed it was an "Atkins Diet Shake" box that the poor squirrel had been stuck in. 

I wonder if these multiple symptoms are from potentially only one problem. 
Laziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment