About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

8-17-10 - Tuesday - Zanesville, OH


Today I went to Zanesville, OH, I'd heard they had a three way bridge!                                                         When I got there I discovered it's called a Y bridge.       
   
I don't know if you can tell from the picture but at the third support post the bridge turns. 
It's not just straight across the river.                                               
     
Now some of you may think this can only be done with modern technology this is not the case. 
It was orginally built in the 1850's but was rebuilt in 1984.    

The picture below is of the intersection in the middle of the bridge.  





The other thing I found interesting about Zanesville is next to the bridge it's this:


It is a large circle of vases. There were no signs, plaques, or anything denoting why they were there or what they meant. They were all painted differently, some were dream type themes, some were mother goose, the globe, birds, all types of themes.

My favorite was this top:



Seems very appropriate for what I'm doing out here on the road!

Dare to Dream, Dare to Do!

Here's the link to the other photos of the bridge and vases if your interested: 
  
2010-08-19 Ohio WV






No comments:

Post a Comment