About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New York - Jarrod

I was headed to a night out in the city, going down the subway stairs I saw a man struggling with a large suitcase. I offered to help him down the stairs, he declined and we both descended the stairs.
On the subway platform, I could tell he was unsure of his location and which tracks he was looking for. So again I asked him if he needed assistance. This time, he took me up on my offer. He told me where he was wanting to go, and what he believed to be the correct train information. I reassured him he was on the right tracks & also gave him some pointers about the subway system, so he would understand it better.
I asked him where he was from, "Ohio", was the answer. OHIO! Well, being a mid westerners ourselves Mia and I fully understood where this man was coming from. After quick introductions back and forth. He asked if we lived in the city, and we explained about being on this trip & what we were up to. Luckily Jarrod was riding our train with us, he was going one stop beyond us. So we sat on the train together and chit chatted about what he was doing in the city.
He explained how he loves the grit of big cities. That he's drawn to places like DC, Chicago, and NYC. He's in the city visiting friends, and looking forward to spend the time seeing the city & catching up with friends. He has dreams of living life to the fullest.  He sees life as an adventure, he loves to travel & he thinks life is all about meeting people.  He says, he wants to be happy where he is, where ever that may be.

Jarrod  and I only had a few minutes to meet, chat, and part ways and even with that small amount of time Jarrod gave me what I needed at that moment. I'm sure Jarrod thought I was helpful and he was lucky to run into me when he needed help. What Jarrod doesn't know is that I needed him more. I needed the connection with someone in person that instantly saw himself in what I was doing. Jarrod is filled with possibilities for his future & the world on whole, and for me that day, Jarrod was the universe telling me I'm on the right path.

Thank you Jarrod, for being you. 
For you being you allows me to be me. 

1 comment:

  1. Fun! It's always great to make an instant connection with someone. It feels like puzzle pieces are fitting together somehow, and life is working itself out.

    ReplyDelete