About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

MLK DAY

Today I was in Nashville, TN. I got to celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr Day with the official celebration at the Baptist Church. It was my first MLK day celebration/ march I've ever done.
The children of the church performed dramatic readings, songs, interpretative dance, and a mime. Below is a video of the mime I saw, this is not footage of the actual man I saw perform it, but it is the same routine I saw. It is a great example of what fantastic young people we have.



Following the performances from 9-11 am, the group marched to a near by college for presentations.  I was so inspired by the young people at the church, so encourage that our young are learning about the sacrifices paid by generations before their own. Below is actual pictures I took that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment