About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Branson Missouri

Branson didn't turn out like I'd expected at all. I thought I'd go into town look around a bit and maybe take some pictures. And that's it. I wasn't staying in Branson just passing through on my way to family for the week. Instead I did drive around and took almost no pictures.  The few I got were of surrounding country. 
While I was passing through Branson Mia need to fill the car up with gas. So she stopped in, filled up, and pressed the "yes" receipt button on the pump. However the machine didn't print so Mia had to go in to get her receipt. Now usually a delay in the day like this could bother people, and it does bug Mia. So Mia entered the station got her receipt and turned to leave. 

Of course the story doesn't end there, I wouldn't be typing today if that was it.

There was a lady standing near the counter that asked Mia about all the bumper stickers on our car door. So Mia told her all about what we were doing. Well, two hours later, we've learned all about her traveling across the country as a young woman, how the man behind the counter has lived in Branson for years. We got a lot of local history, and the current conditions about Branson.

Mia had even met a couple locals that came in for gas. One gentleman walked in, heard about Mia being in town and gave her a free ticket to come see his show. That was very generous of him. After he left the lady said he ran the best show in town. Mia looked forward to seeing the show later in the week. However Mia didn't end up getting to go, timing and illness have an effect on things sometimes.

I would encourage  you though to see his show if you go to Branson. It seems like a great show, from what we understand it's a family affair.  LINK if you're interested in checking it out.
Thank you Mr. Haygood for your generosity, we are sorry we missed the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment