About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Key West FL

The southern most point
When you think Key West you think WARM or even HOT! Well, the day trip we took was neither. Mia had me all wrapped up to keep warm & she was in layers all day & kinda wishing she had more.


On the day we choose to go to Key West is was in the mid 40's with winds at 35 MPH! It felt like in was in the 30's. That night Mia's face looked like she'd been snow skiing all day, all wind chapped.


We still had fun though! We walked around and saw the roosters, the Marinas, the most Southern point, all the Christmas lights, and ate amazing food including the Key Lime pie!


The southern most Menorah 

The southern most Christmas tree
The southern most this and the southern most that really cracked me up! As you can see above there is was a southern most menorah & tree. There was also southern most hotel, B&B, house, house with a porch, museum..... and the list goes on and on & you get the idea!  It was very funny to me everything competing for southern most.
It really did look like a tropical storm was going on around us while at the same time it was freezing like a snow storm was actually occurring.  At lunch there was a family eating near us, that had their child in a winter ski type jacket!

Mia wasn't going to be deterred because of weather though. We still saw all the normal touristy stuff & even stayed late enough in the day to drive around homes looking at Christmas light displays on people's homes. It sure didn't feel like Christmas time to me, I'm used to being north with snow in December. 

I'd recommend the keys, but probably on a warmer day!




No comments:

Post a Comment