About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Luck of a Car break down!

That might be an odd title "The Luck of a Car break down!" but for this day it is not.  


Mia and I did have some car trouble, and as you can see it's being repaired. (now fully repaired)


Mia and I took it in at 7am and waited in the lobby till 3pm, so as you can imagine I got quite a bit of attention & talked to tons of people.


One gentleman and I talked for quite sometime. He is fascinating. He talked about his recent trip to Greece. The way he talked about the Islands of Greece you could tell he loved being there. The views & food sounded breath taking, now I want to go so bad we might have my adventures in Greece next! The one thing he really stressed was how friendly and welcoming the Greek people were, they didn't care if he didn't speak the language they still wanted to eat and drink with him and be around. He is the kind of man you want to talk to.


He also talked about going on cruise ships and how much he enjoyed them. He will soon be going on a 1 month cruise!!! That's right I said 1 month in the ocean. It will be going across the ocean so no stops everyday to get off the boat. He talked about how he would have a balcony room so he could sit and read on the balcony. I have never been on a cruise, but it sounded like the perfect place to relax and spend time with friends.


He's been all over the world, he also talked about Vietnam travels too.


We of course discussed my trip and traveling all around the USA. We both agreed there are wonderful  places in the US, places like no others. 


We both agreed it was a shame so many people don't take the opportunity here to travel around our own country. That we have almost everything to offer and so many places of breath taking proportions.  He talked about riding a donkey into the Grand Canyon (I don't think I'll be doing that - I might spook a donkey)


One of the things about this man that surprised me, was his age.  I thought the whole time we were talking he was maybe in his 60's, but I really thought late 50's.  He is so go, go, go and high energy I just couldn't imagine him any older. Turns out he's 71, and will no plans to slow down anytime soon.


He is a huge adventurer, always going and doing. It seemed like if it was something out there to do or try he was all about it!


I discovered towards the end of our talk there is one thing he will not try (and doesn't like)... tomatoes. Tomatoes! I giggled at this because I was thinking this man of adventure, fun, good food & great people his one thing is a tomato.


I guess everyone has one thing they don't like, and you can still be an adventurer at any age.

No comments:

Post a Comment