About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Laughter Yoga

I've had MANY unique and wonderful opportunities to try new things on this trip! Tonight thought Jan 4th is I think a landmark even amongst those!
Tonight I went to Laughter Yoga.
Melanie with founder Dr. Kataria
I'm sure you're wondering what on earth is Laughter Yoga. To give you the quick facts: it was developed in 1995 by Dr. Kataria in India. Laughter Yoga combines laughing with Yogic Breathing. To give you the health benefits from being happy & getting proper oxygen through out your whole body.


Now here's what it was like:


Since I can not laugh, Mia had to do the class for me. It last about an hour long with about 30+ minutes of that being the active part of Laughter Yoga, about 20 was introductions & explanation about Laughter Yoga and the last 10 was odds & ends at the end of class.  


The leader, Melanie, would instructed us on the technique we'd be using. Sometimes we'd laugh with our whole bodies, sometimes laughing with a greeting, or laughing silently.  The whole thing was about breathing, connecting to other class mates, and having fun. Mia said she could tell in her mid section she'd worked out her abdomen muscles. Mia's friend had gone with her - Mia's friend was up till almost 2 am with the giggles! Some big fun & joy were brought into her life! Mia wasn't effected to that level but she did have a great time & thinks it would be fun to try again.


The Yoga was held in the Rainbow Center it is a space where they also hold many interesting community events.


For more information check out these sites:
International Laughter Yoga
Melanie's Website
Rainbow Center

1 comment:

  1. Laughter Yoga (Hasyayoga) is a form of yoga employing self-triggered laughter...it is very useful

    ReplyDelete