About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Bandelier National Park

Bandelier National Park protects the Pueblo archeological site. I walked the Main loop that is about 1.5 miles plus the extension walk up to the big room, so it was an easy 2 mile walk. However there were a lot of ladders to climb. So for Mia that was hard since she is afraid of heights.

There are over 70 miles of trails to hike and explore in the park area. 

The people that lived there were cave dwellers that were hunters and gatherers that followed migrating animals. They say the human history there is over 10,000 years old. 

The Caves they dwelled in

Actual cave carving

Abret's Squirrel

Amazing view Mia had to climb a ladder over 140 feet straight up.

No comments:

Post a Comment