About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

8-11-10- Wednesday - Traverse City and beyond!

Today Mia and I drove all over the state of MI! I wanted to see Traverse City on our way to Detroit. Only added about 2 hours of drive time so Mia agreed we could!

As we were driving, we saw The world's largest Cherry Pie in Charlevoix, MI.

We pulled over to learn more about it and take my picture by this pie monument!

The pie crust measured from 14 feet 4 inches in diameter, 2 feet deep & weighing 7 tons!!!!  It took almost 5,000 lbs of cherries to make the filling.

This pie got the record in May of 1976 and held it till 1987!

Mia and I hope to run into bigger and bigger pies along the way :)

We also stopped by Frankenmuth, MI & took pictures by Lake Michigan in  Traverse City.  Check out my photo pages for those pics.

Question for today: What's the most memorable roadside stop you've ever made? Or does your town have a claim to fame like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment