About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

8-15-10- Sunday - Dayton

Downtown Dayton From the Woodland Cemetery

Dayton is an interesting town. You would think so at first glance, at first glance you might think it's just a place between Indiana, Columbus & Cincinnati OH. You'd be mistaken.

Dayton has several major universities & the Air Force Base.

To that the Air Force Museum in Beavercreek, one of the suburbs of Dayton, is spectacular.  The admission and parking is free, so there is no excuse for not going. 5 minutes or 4 hours you won't regret stopping in.  They have a separate hanger of Air Force 1's and for Trial or Test planes.  In the Main museum they have displays from the Wright brothers all the way through to modern air crafts. When I say display I don't mean little Plexiglas recreations... I mean the really planes on display, some even suspended in air. It really is a great place for all ages.


Dayton also has a peace Museum. That's right you heard me correctly a PEACE museum. It's a museum that focuses on the peace in the world. On a global scale, local scale & inner peace by offering mediation classes. I find this to be an interesting idea, I did not get a chance to visit the Peace Museum, but it sounded great, I am sorry I missed it.  


I had a great time in Dayton met lots of great people and hope to return to visit again soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment