About Me

My photo
My human, Mia, has been working so hard. She is so inspired by my plan. My plan is to go all over the United States meeting new and wonderful people, to share their stories, and to find the connection between all people. Mia is so wonderful, and I want to meet more wonderful humans like her.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Schools Seaking Adult Pen Pals

I know I haven't blogged yet about my trip, those blogs are coming soon. BUT I heard about this program and wanted to share it since I do want to see kids succeed in life and I see value in people of all generations interacting.

If you are interested in what you read please follow the link I provide below.

From their website:

In2Books was created in 1997 to enhance the intellectually stimulating work available to students in low-income neighborhoods. A basic tenet of In2Books is that all children are capable of deep learning. Children cannot fully develop their learning potential without challenging learning experiences. In2Books promotes ambitious literacy learning in grades 2-5 by having students engage in authentic reading and writing experiences with adult pen pals. The pen pal experience is complemented by the classroom study of genre and genre-related literacy.


http://in2books.epals.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fdefault.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment